Monday 22 March 2010

My Little Number by Cynthia Vincent

Last Friday, I went to a party somewhere in Mayfair. How brave, I went solo knowing only the hosts. I needed to let off some steam and let loose a bit. So I decided to wear my little number, Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent classic slip dress in CREAM! I do not remember the reason why I picked the sheer almost like a nightie dress instead of a black one. But this piece is Cynthia Vincent's trademark, just like DVF's wrap dress, BCBG Maxazria's cardi wrap, and Herve Leger spandex dress.



Then I accidentally came across an article this afternoon titled,"Applying To Be Your Trophy Wife". The summary says:

"City girls know how to analyze a company’s balance sheet. City girls know how to draft watertight warranties. But when it comes to matters of the heart, they just can’t seem to seal the deal."

This reminded me of the night at the party. I met someone who work in investment, after a long conversation, I found out that he is virtually very successful and single with Mercedes Sport and a big house in St. John's Wood. A very decent man and a gentleman with Spanish accent. So then, the conversation gets deeper and more about finding out how I view life and whether I am classy enough too walk by his side. He finally pop the number question and the invitation for a fine dinner. Alas...I thought hard about it (sooo relating to the girl writing the article). I am not a golddigger and I am lucky that I have not so far made my life decisions based on merit alone. AND, the post last week was about someone who I value a lot right now. With that in mind, I -as the writer did - called it a night. But hey! At least I know that my little number works!!

Reference:
http://www.cynthiavincent.net/

No comments: